Hi my name is Daymon, and I was diagnosed with Burkitt's Leukemia. It happened so fast, it all started when I was having back pains. My mom was really worried when they were getting really bad so she took me to the emergency room in Richfield. The doctor there said that my back looked fine, but there was something in my blood called platelets and that they were very low. So that was why they were worried about me. I had to have 2 more blood tests, they did not look very good so my doctor decided that I should go see a Dr. Barnett who is an oncologist at Primary Children's Hospital. I was really scared and I was in allot of pain. They decided to do a bone marrow biopsy and it is what confirmed that I had the Burkitt's Leukemia. It's hard to understand why I have to be in here, but my mom and dad said it's the best hospital to be in. They told me my body is just really sick right now and it needs special treatments called chemo to make it better. I know that there are a lot of people praying for me that love me very much, and I know I will get better but it will be a while before that happens. So this will by my own journey.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chemo is going good, he has to take eye drops every 3 hours because one of the side effects is it can hurt his eye cornea but he is doing OK with that.  He fevered today so they took a blood culture to see if he has an infection that they need to treat. We wont know what his biopsy shows until tomorrow and his cat scan showed a infection in his spleen so that is why his side has been hurting. They told us it is something that can be treated with meds so its just another small thing to get over. We are hopeful he can come home Monday if all goes well. He is also eating everything in sight! It is so good to see him have an appetite, he isnt nauseous yet and we hope it wont be that bad this round.

No comments:

Post a Comment