Hi my name is Daymon, and I was diagnosed with Burkitt's Leukemia. It happened so fast, it all started when I was having back pains. My mom was really worried when they were getting really bad so she took me to the emergency room in Richfield. The doctor there said that my back looked fine, but there was something in my blood called platelets and that they were very low. So that was why they were worried about me. I had to have 2 more blood tests, they did not look very good so my doctor decided that I should go see a Dr. Barnett who is an oncologist at Primary Children's Hospital. I was really scared and I was in allot of pain. They decided to do a bone marrow biopsy and it is what confirmed that I had the Burkitt's Leukemia. It's hard to understand why I have to be in here, but my mom and dad said it's the best hospital to be in. They told me my body is just really sick right now and it needs special treatments called chemo to make it better. I know that there are a lot of people praying for me that love me very much, and I know I will get better but it will be a while before that happens. So this will by my own journey.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

HOME!!


It is soooo nice to be home! When we were leaving the hospitol Daymon said "man its good to be out of there!" lol, even though it is only for a couple days. Being home has been nice but a whole new journey. Home health came and showed us how to set up his feeds, and we have a schedule of when to give him his meds and flush his central line. So even though we are home there is A LOT to have to remember but its like they say "theres no place like home."  Daymon is doing really well being here. He slept for the first time in 33 days in his own bed, he loved how nurses did not have to come in every hour to check his vitals ha ha.  His ANC counts are up so he is allowed to have visitors.  Its nice to see him play with Raylee and Kayla. He even had his best friend Colt come and play with him for a little bit. He has enjoyed seeing his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. He could not wait to play Bingo at his grandpa and grandma Butlers house with everyone, he asked every 5 min today when it was time to go. He even got to play the wii with his cousins Preslee and tracen along with uncle Kacey, so its nice to see him get some strength back by being home.  Even though we have to be back on Wed the 5th he understands and is ok with it, so we are trying to just enjoy it and not worry about whats to come. Thanks again for the many prayers, I always say that there can never be to many people praying for him at this time. We love and appriciate all of you!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see the little man home and for you to have your whole family together. He is such a tough kid and will pull through this. We love you guys and continue to keep you all in our prayers! Hugs, Derrick and Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! this is Aaron Avelar i am in daymon class and i want to let him know tha we miss you at school I hope you get well soon and my prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete