Hi my name is Daymon, and I was diagnosed with Burkitt's Leukemia. It happened so fast, it all started when I was having back pains. My mom was really worried when they were getting really bad so she took me to the emergency room in Richfield. The doctor there said that my back looked fine, but there was something in my blood called platelets and that they were very low. So that was why they were worried about me. I had to have 2 more blood tests, they did not look very good so my doctor decided that I should go see a Dr. Barnett who is an oncologist at Primary Children's Hospital. I was really scared and I was in allot of pain. They decided to do a bone marrow biopsy and it is what confirmed that I had the Burkitt's Leukemia. It's hard to understand why I have to be in here, but my mom and dad said it's the best hospital to be in. They told me my body is just really sick right now and it needs special treatments called chemo to make it better. I know that there are a lot of people praying for me that love me very much, and I know I will get better but it will be a while before that happens. So this will by my own journey.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011



This is a few more pics from christmas day in the hospitol.  They allowed  Kayla and Raylee to come see him. He could not smile from all the sores in his mouth but he would tell us that he was happy. It had been 30 days since we had been together as a family. Its one of those moments we will never forget.

7 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Shantelle, my daughter Sadie is in Mrs. Brienholt's class. She brought home the blog address today with a little note and I have been sitting here for the past hour reading and crying over all that poor little Daymon is going through. I cannot imagine how exhausting it is in every aspect for him and your whole family. We will definitely keep him in our hearts and prayers. I know our Heavenly Father only gives us trials that we are able to endure...you must be very strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv u sis!!! Luv u Daymon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Braydon is in Mrs. Breinholts class and my husband and I went to school with Matt. We are rooting and praying for Daymon and your whole family. Sharlene and Brandon Street

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I think of you guys, I start to cry. I can't even imagine what any of you are going through. I think it is always one of our worst fears as a parent... no one wants to see your child hurt or in pain. I am constantly amazed at your attitude though. Your testimony shines through in this time, and it is seen by so many people. Thanks for being such a wonderful example in this awful time. We are praying for Daymon, and your family, and hope that things will begin to get easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our prayers are with you today as you begin the next round.

    (((Hugs)))
    The Nielsens

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are thinking and praying for you all today and everyday. We hope this round goes as smooth as possible! Your family is very special to us. Shawn and i like to talk about the days we lived in our little old white house and were close frineds with your family. Those are some of our best memories. Its hard to not cry when thinking about what daymon and your family are enduring. We would love to help if you ever need anything just ask!
    Love Maren Shawn and kids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello to our Special Daymon,
    Hey bud! We want you to know how proud of you we are. You are so brave and strong! You are going through so many hard things, but you let the nurses and doctors take care of you so you can get better. When this is all over and you are stronger, Grandpa Bill, Grandma Sue, Aunt Shelby, all of your Uncles, Aunts, Cousins are going to go fishing or do what ever you want. We all LOVE you so much! You are my Special Boy!
    Love you, Grandma Sue

    ReplyDelete