Hi my name is Daymon, and I was diagnosed with Burkitt's Leukemia. It happened so fast, it all started when I was having back pains. My mom was really worried when they were getting really bad so she took me to the emergency room in Richfield. The doctor there said that my back looked fine, but there was something in my blood called platelets and that they were very low. So that was why they were worried about me. I had to have 2 more blood tests, they did not look very good so my doctor decided that I should go see a Dr. Barnett who is an oncologist at Primary Children's Hospital. I was really scared and I was in allot of pain. They decided to do a bone marrow biopsy and it is what confirmed that I had the Burkitt's Leukemia. It's hard to understand why I have to be in here, but my mom and dad said it's the best hospital to be in. They told me my body is just really sick right now and it needs special treatments called chemo to make it better. I know that there are a lot of people praying for me that love me very much, and I know I will get better but it will be a while before that happens. So this will by my own journey.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

ugh!

Poor Daymon is so sick, the chemo is being hard on him right now.  He was up most of the night throwing up and having bad leg pains. Right now they are deciding what to give him for pain, we just hope that it does not last long. He had a spinal tap yesterday and his next one is not scheduled till monday.  Just hope he feels better tonight but probably wont. We just are still hopful that the mouth sores are not as bad this round and he can come home soon. The next couple of days will decide. It breaks my heart when he moans and cries but he is also so strong and brave I am so proud of him.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kristie...I had no idea. I empathize with your situation. tylers sister Taunya's first daughter, Marley,was diagnosed with leukemia when she was about 6 years old.it was such a shock for everyone, and really scary.She went through Chemotherapy and everyone had to take many precautions for visitors,ect. And then she was on steroids as well. today, you would never know it. She is a normal beautiful 15 year old that travels around the country on her soccer team and goes to school and does all the normal things a girl her age does. She does however go get a check up once a year. Hang in there, love. I can only imagine how trying it is...God Bless your family.
    Tasha Daniels

    ReplyDelete