Hi my name is Daymon, and I was diagnosed with Burkitt's Leukemia. It happened so fast, it all started when I was having back pains. My mom was really worried when they were getting really bad so she took me to the emergency room in Richfield. The doctor there said that my back looked fine, but there was something in my blood called platelets and that they were very low. So that was why they were worried about me. I had to have 2 more blood tests, they did not look very good so my doctor decided that I should go see a Dr. Barnett who is an oncologist at Primary Children's Hospital. I was really scared and I was in allot of pain. They decided to do a bone marrow biopsy and it is what confirmed that I had the Burkitt's Leukemia. It's hard to understand why I have to be in here, but my mom and dad said it's the best hospital to be in. They told me my body is just really sick right now and it needs special treatments called chemo to make it better. I know that there are a lot of people praying for me that love me very much, and I know I will get better but it will be a while before that happens. So this will by my own journey.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We cant believe he is home again!! His 2nd round went so much better. He is still soooo sick and has sores in his mouth down into his stomach, but they sent us home with good meds to make him ok. Its a little scary being home where he can get so many things. We are not having any visitors right now but we know everyone understands. If he gets even a fever we have to drive back up, so untill his counts come up we are a little protective. The home health comes on mon and thurs to draw his blood, and if he needs a transfusion they can just send it to our hospitol and we can just go there.  He is skin and bones! He has really no muscles, so we have to cary him whenever he wants to get around.  He has to be hooked up to feeds most of the time so that he can get a little weight back on. We are scheduled for his 3rd round on the 24th so he has a good little chunk of time to be home, unless he gets sick.

3 comments:

  1. Thats so awesome that he is home! I'm glad that things went better this time! We are constantly thinking and praying for you guys! Let me know if you need anything. Luv ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for all of you. Home is the best place to be! You are all amazing. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Daymon getting to be home and that this round went a little better. I noticed on one of your previous posts that Daymon has the same feeding pump as Alayna had for so long. She doesn't need it anymore thank goodness, but I'm grateful we had it when we needed it! We wish you the best and our prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete