Hi my name is Daymon, and I was diagnosed with Burkitt's Leukemia. It happened so fast, it all started when I was having back pains. My mom was really worried when they were getting really bad so she took me to the emergency room in Richfield. The doctor there said that my back looked fine, but there was something in my blood called platelets and that they were very low. So that was why they were worried about me. I had to have 2 more blood tests, they did not look very good so my doctor decided that I should go see a Dr. Barnett who is an oncologist at Primary Children's Hospital. I was really scared and I was in allot of pain. They decided to do a bone marrow biopsy and it is what confirmed that I had the Burkitt's Leukemia. It's hard to understand why I have to be in here, but my mom and dad said it's the best hospital to be in. They told me my body is just really sick right now and it needs special treatments called chemo to make it better. I know that there are a lot of people praying for me that love me very much, and I know I will get better but it will be a while before that happens. So this will by my own journey.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yesterday went good, He had to be there at 11:00am to get a check up with our Oncologist to make sure he was ok for his next round of chemo, his hands are steal pealing bad and he is so tiny and week but his blood counts were up so they said that it was a go.  He had his 2nd Bone Marrow Biopsy and spinal tap yesterday at 12:30 and his chemo was started last night.  When he gets chemo he has to be up every 2 hours for 72 hrs to pee so it is long nights.  The side effects will not come till later so we are just praying very hard that his body handles it well this time. They lowered his Methotrexate from 8000mg to 6000, so they are hoping that will help with some of the side effects.He has 2 more spinal taps this round, that is where they put chemo right in his spinal fluid. Those are long days cause he cant eat or drink till after. Everyone is so wonderful to always ask what they can do. All we ask is to keep praying for Daymon. We love you all so much for the support and love through all this.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that post was from me, but it posted as "Jesse" and I didn't think you would know who it was :)

    Stay strong cute Daymon. We are thinking about you and praying for you every day. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete