Hi my name is Daymon, and I was diagnosed with Burkitt's Leukemia. It happened so fast, it all started when I was having back pains. My mom was really worried when they were getting really bad so she took me to the emergency room in Richfield. The doctor there said that my back looked fine, but there was something in my blood called platelets and that they were very low. So that was why they were worried about me. I had to have 2 more blood tests, they did not look very good so my doctor decided that I should go see a Dr. Barnett who is an oncologist at Primary Children's Hospital. I was really scared and I was in allot of pain. They decided to do a bone marrow biopsy and it is what confirmed that I had the Burkitt's Leukemia. It's hard to understand why I have to be in here, but my mom and dad said it's the best hospital to be in. They told me my body is just really sick right now and it needs special treatments called chemo to make it better. I know that there are a lot of people praying for me that love me very much, and I know I will get better but it will be a while before that happens. So this will by my own journey.

Monday, February 21, 2011

5th round

So hard to send Daymon off today for his 5th round of Chemo, He is so brave but still only a little 6 year old boy who cried as I held him just wanting to stay home. We just told him that we are at the top of that hill and after this week we get to start coming down, he has 9 rounds total so only 4 left after this week. He gained a little weight back and he is looking more healthy.  It was so nice to have him home for a full week, but sending him back was so hard, its something that we will never get use to.  We are so blessed and we know that our Heavenly Father is watching out for our sweet boy every day.

1 comment:

  1. We wish you all the best!

    The Nielsens
    Russell, Cindy & Melanie

    ReplyDelete